The Libutti Family

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Since Highschool..

In my mind, it still feels like highschool was just about a year ago. I still catch myself counting on my fingers how many years it has been since I graduated. Time does fly, and it can be shocking at times.

After Graduation, I got a great job working at Macaroni Grill through the summer to save up for Cosmotology school. Come fall, I enrolled in Paul Mitchell the School. This proved to be a great decision, it was a wonderful school and a fantastic education. There, I was also privledged to meed some dear friends, two of which will no doubt be lifetime best friends.

I diligently attended Paul Mitchell for a year, then took the next summer off to relax a little. Looking back I realize that this was the last carefuee summer before real adulthood would hit.

It was during the beginning of that summer that I met my eternal companion, Matthew. It is somewhat of a miraculous story, very romantic. The first time I saw him (looking down from the top bleached at the BYU baseball stadium), I knew he was the one I was going to marry. In late July we officially got together. In January 2005 Matthew and I hiked up to the gazebo above my parents home. As I stepped into the gazebo, thousands of tiny lights flashed on, illuminating roses, stemware and martinelli that sat waiting. There, Matthew got on his knee and asked me to marry him for time and all eternity.


A fun note to that story- the night we were engaged was also our 6 month annaversary. Without knowing what he had planned, I had planned a romantic candle light picnic. The place I had chosen for the picnic was an old emply house that was falling apart.


Remember "Its a wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart? The old house that they threw rocks at? That was what this house represented to me. It was an old home that Matthew had always dreamed of fixing up- and as we were thinking of getting married- we began dreaming together of fixing up the home, and starting our family there.


So right after we became engaged that cold January night in 2005, we came to the old deserted house and had a candle light picnic in the dusty front room. Now, three years later, we have together made that dream a reality- and are living in the same old (but beautifully redone) home.
posted by Jewels at 2:43 PM

4 Comments:

i LOVE to see you blog... keep it coming! By the way, you have the most darling little boy!

February 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Hey, how are you? It's so fun to see you and your cute family!

February 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

I love love love that you are blogging. Your little family is so cute!

February 7, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Did you disappear already?? Your life can't be so crazy right now that you can't update!! Everyone is checking it daily... so update often!

February 23, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home